Monday, November 05, 2007

The Process

Well these little things are taking up way too much of my time, so this is going to be the last one for a little while. (plus I kinda wanna do a really big one now...) anyways, I love when artists show their process so here is mine in the creation of this little painting.

First I sketch out a rough- the big things here are shape, scale, and perspective- details are not important.

I reference the sketch and then draw, free-hand, with a blue pencil. This is again starting in shape and perspective and only at the very end am I even thinking about details somewhat.


At this step I ink directly over the blue, I start with a very light inking, more guidelines, and then I draw in everything- piece by piece.

At this stage I throw in the lightest colors, and start the tonal work. I use very light washes. This shows my cautious side that I should stop- if I wanna start finishing these more quickly.


and after 1 hour of drawing, 1 hour of inking and 3 hours of painting- WALA the schmoob is completed. I'd charge about $70 for this drawing with frame... any takers?

No comments: