Friday, September 15, 2006

Some progress, but not enough






I made a little progresson the japan Painting.

I am thinkgin of doing another wire painting, and then a piece in the same style as a disney cartoon...WHY?

I recently visited a museum that was sdhowing art form previous disney films. Some art was form Peter Pan, pinnochi etc. Really neat stuff. It was a sort of inspiraitonal moment, as things like disney movies and such are really the reasons any of us got started with art. Creation and wonderment and the fun in these films is a real important part of my childhood.

So why not make paintings that capture it? I would also like to make a direct comment on the role of Disney in my life, and also how good they are at developing a sense of story in every individual frame. So I will probabvly make the painting replicate the cartoon cell feeling for the characters and any moving objects, and then the backgournds have more detail. Should be interesting I will post some sketches.

For now here is a couple shots form the disney book about the show.
aaaah Peter Pan

No comments: