Monday, November 13, 2006

HEEB!






Big News. Jusitn Coombs art V3 is getting some good traffic, and I will have the store seciton up ASAP.

I am brainstroming ideas for including a media package with any art that is pruchased that would include some goodies. I will wokrout the logistics on my trip home this december. Shipping form Japan is a non-possibility.

Well I have been a little busy. Actually the bulk of these three was done in one day. It is crazy how much you can get done if you really buckle down. Its all about not looking at www.digg.com or youtube.com. God I love those websites. I also like gonintendo.com because the Wii is going to kick your mother. It's that good.

The two comics are pages 3 and 4 of what is turning out to be a great experiment. I basically drew these in cafes and on a trainride from Satte to Shibuya (about 1 hour 20 minutes).

The painting is part 3 of the series. Wiring. I did a series of drawings in Italy based on the same Motif (check justincoombsart drawing section.) This series does two main things, both practical. First it is part of a cohesive whole that galleries love. And second it is keeping my academic paitnitng standards up to a certain level of abilty (I have given up on the possibility of finding a ude model, so my Charcoal skills are non-existant yet again... such things arent always possible).

I AM ASKING ONE THING :) If you visit the Justin Coombs Art V3 site what are your favorite pieces? Im thinking of selling the cowboy drawings on this blog for like 50$ apiece with shipping/frame and media package. Interested? Or should I make posters of some of my paintings and sell those for like 30$? What do you all want/ or would buy if you have 50-300$ HEEB.

Oh and whaddya guys think of cowboys and aliens so far?

1 comment:

Justin Beef said...

hmmmm, no i didnt and thats lame.

Altho, i came up with the idea indipendently- and to keep it that way I am going to not look at that site.

I hope that it isnt very good. But who knows- its not like I am publishing this or anyhitng ;-)