Sunday, December 17, 2006

Snerf



I made it out to Shinjuku and saw a cool show with Leon Golubs work in it. Neat stuff and an inspiration to see in person. It can be hard trying to find what will be the best work for graduate school. Especially if it is different from what I like to paint or make. So I am trying to make avente garde art for grad school. Its silly, but then again everyone has to do it. Thats how I approach it anyways. It isnt natural for me to make really cerebral, heady art. I tend to like cowboys, and aliens, and artists who make an image for its own sake- rather than a deeper meaning. I enjoy comic art, and beautiful paintings. I dont tend to slide towards the edgier works. I think that perhaps the purpose of art for me is to instill awe amd wonderment. Maybe that includes introspective paintings. But I like robots and star wars concept art too.

I threw in a picture of a 'wires' paitnting I finished tonight too. I have 5 so far. Can you track all 5 through my blog?! YAY u get a prize. A big update should happen tommorow night. 2 pages of woboys and hopefully some new stuff. JOY

No comments: