Sunday, March 11, 2007

The More You Know


Im amazed that everything in the past gets used again soemtime in the future. So if you ever are wondering about why you are practicing a certain thing, or leanring a new skill- just rest assured you'll probably use it again. This is the case with the sky in this new cityscape shot. It was made using transparent gradient paper that anga artists use in Japan. I experimented with it a llong time ago and now I am using it again.

In fact I like the look so much I might have to use it again.

I am trying to get 10 or 12 of these big comic-style drawings done, so then I can throw em in Ben's Cafe, and put em up for sale.

Another little nugget is to try new things- and to do that buy new art supplies or tools, and just mess around with them. There is no right answer- no right way to do it.

THE MORE YOU KNOW..... dum dum duh

No comments: