Saturday, June 30, 2007

Art vs. College art


So yeah.

Well what is this disparity between commercial viability of artwork and academic interest.

Colleges like wierd, obtuse, bizarre, and avante garde.

People like pretty, fun, cool, amazing etc.

Finding an overlap is the ideal- but the work I look at on university websites would indicate they prefer the more avante than the art for the masses.

So if I want to go to school at some point I am going to have to make avante-garde artwork. This involves putting more thought into ideas and trying to say something on a topic. And it isnt necessarily that I can use this ink-style to cater to that objective. I would be bending my style to cater my message- and hopefully not vise versa. But either way I feel that comic-style art isnt that great for college applications.

Sadly.

so I will prolly end up having to make some artwork that is less-mass appeal.

ugh.

No comments: