Sunday, February 25, 2007

Yeesh



I start with a Large Canvas. I have done a few preparatory skecthes, ut this drawing is really from winging it. The paper is very compressed hard, glossy stock. So when I skecth on it with a mechanical pencil the lines barely show. So I can do many passes until I get it just right.


Then I start to determine sources of light- and direction, and what gets dark and what doesnt (not everything that should be dark, is. I try and find a balance between realism and drama.



And then i fill in some more



and some more



AND SOME MORE. I went through about 8 markers, at about 2$ apiece. Lotsa ink. werd.

These things are taking a lot of effort to finish, but I am really enjoying the final products.

I am contacting printers in Fort Collins Colorado to see if I can have prints made of these first 3, and perhaps I can get them up on my site for cheap.

No comments: