Sunday, January 25, 2009


Hey everyone. So I started another page of the comic (and this is my attempt to bring out the light blue I use to sketch). Barely visible but still useful.


I also had time to render the first scene of my cartoon- I wanted to compose more- which I have animated- but getting it through after effects proved ot be a bigger challenge than first thought- I am excited thoug as from here on out I will be adding and building this cartoon up. PLEASE keep in mind that the real cartoon is in widescreen and this video is square so it is all smooshed.


ENJOY

2 comments:

Michael Kasaboski said...

Duuude, that animation looks AWESOME. I really love it. Have you studied film? I'm a film school grad myself and you've really done a nice job of setting up the tone of your film. It's very moody and nicely paced. The slow pan out is very effective and the grass swaying in the breeze is just excellent. I'm totally impressed.

What software package are you animating with? I know that you've painted the frames yourself by hand and I'm guessing you added in the swaying grass digitally? Perhaps you could do a bog post explaining a little bit of your process. I know i for one would find that very interesting and enlightening.

Peace.

Justin Beef said...

good call- ill be sure to do that at length in a blog post.

just real quick- I use after effects and photoshop.