Wednesday, January 14, 2009

still may not work



But I am trying to 'fix' te darn thing. and if anythign it will be more practice before i do the redo- we'll see. I practiced iwth the wet- on wet technique a lot in this piece and it creates some pretty awesome clouds and texture- the paint expands inside of the wet spots and it is really unique to watercolor styles- so I am trying to make a piece I like.

I also added some blacks because watercolors consistently lack contrast- jst by the nature of the media.

im gonna keep trying and trying.

3 comments:

Michael Kasaboski said...

Hey man - it's looking pretty good. Better than the last post for sure. I think your persistence is paying off. I could see more of your wet-on-wet technique in yesterday's photo so I knew you were giving that a try. I also know that's bit tricky though as I read a little bit about it before the Holidays and made half-hearted attempt at it on a Christmas card I was painting. For the most part I bailed on the techniqued and told myself I'd try it again another time when I wasn't so pressured to get the piece done. this is looking good though man, honestly.

Are you using proper watercolor paints now because I thought I read in one of your old posts that you actually used acrylics but applied them like watercolor?

Justin Beef said...

still using acrylics- just saves explanation. Although supposedly gauche works well too- gotta try that.

Michael Kasaboski said...

I hear ya. Bought my girlfriend some acrylics for Christmas and since I read your post about the acrylics I've always had designs on stealing them from her and trying your method. I think I'll do just that. ;)