Sunday, January 14, 2007

A few Heeb but no Kabeebs





There seems to be a draw towards science fiction that captures my attention. I think that part of it has to do with the access to related artowrk in the same field. The material has always caught my eye. It isnt real, or cerebral, it is simply fun.

I don't think all of my art needs to be ofa fun nature, but it repeatedly grabs my energy. Is this a bad thing? That the simpler, for sophmoric topic is my primary interest? Should all post-college artists have there eye set on creating the next controversial show, or thought-provoking painting. My work doesnt provoke much thought besides the occassional "Badass" or "You're stuff is so good Justin".

Is there a value in somehitng of more substance? Perhaps a financial value, or maybe admissions credibility for graduate school. It scratches the surface of a hovering question in my head of 'what do graduate schools want'?

No comments: