Thursday, January 11, 2007

there are soem good artists out there






There are artists out there WAY better than me. That is just the nature of it I suppose.

You can either get down on yourself, or you can try and be as good or better than them.

I hate the art world like that, but hopefully there is enough to go around for all of us. Although I have yet to find a way to make a living at this game unless you sell out as an illustrator. Which is not half bad, considering how good some of the illustrators I have seen are.

I am trying to make better work. And by better I mean more real, more honest work. I am starting to enjoy the process more now. The marker on paper, the oil stinking my room. Getting my brush covered in apitn, so the grip is sticky (it works better this way). All of the little intricacies are starting to shine again and I am working forward again.

Not to say that the work is the best I've done. It isn't, but it is new. And that is worth something.

Can't decide if I want to stay another year in Japan or not.


Hmmm

No comments: