Monday, January 08, 2007

hmmm started drawing again



well, vacation was fun but back to work. I did a drawing late tonight after heckling myself all day to create some damn work. Sometimes getting back on the horse is difficult. We all like to say 'Just do it' but it is never that easy. I personally use errands to occupy myelf. To perpetually avoid getting down to the table. It is a stuggle as are all things worthwhile.

the dude reaching is the product of my struggle. I like him a lot.

the other is a preliminary work for a series I am going to put in a cafe here. I like the guy ina gas mask carying a gun seen in previous posts. But what is the purpose? Is he a decoraiton because I love gun and armor and drawing. I thing my series will need content and that is somehitng always challenging to identify. That is what I will be up to over the next week. Trying to figure out why I am drawing guys with guns for a cafe series.

They need color, but the guy here is a mix of mid tone color, versus arbitrariness. I like the result, but that could also just be the drawing and not the color... I will do some more prelim work and get to work on the series so I can get some headway towards having ym first Japan show.

work continues on the Alley series of paintings. I will probably have a good 10 by the time I get sick of it. At that point I have a cafe here in Satte. Very low key and lame, but I know the owner and I think it wont be a problem given the non-confrontational nature of the work.

Cowboys and aliens is nebulous. It is getting harder to keep it moving. I like the point it is at, because I can start killing and fighting and blowing stuff up... I will have to put out a page before Friday.

well those are the happenings.

No comments: