Saturday, April 21, 2007

A little side-project



My sister-in-law jamie gave me a journal for a gift last christmas. I was looking at it closely and it actually didnt look too hard to make. So I went to my local Joyful Honda (Target on steroids in Japanese) and grabbed some leather, scissors and other supplies and got to work. This is the product. Not bad- it has a sort of Middle-earth feel about it. I plan on making several of these things- they are really sweet. There are lots of other options at the Joyful too that I could add- like buckles or corner pieces- best of all I dont have to buy sketchbooks anymore.

If anyone is interested in any of these lemme know- I can make em for about 40-80 bucks depending on the leather quality. And another thing- is that I can change the paper size and type to benefit what you plan on doing- be it drawing, writing or even as a stationary or planner.

It'd be cool to get good at making somehitng like this. There is a certain apeal to working with leather. I feel like Benjamin Franklin or something. Anyways, I am working on a re-work of the aliens image below. Hopefully I can finish it and post it tonight. Werd Suckas.

to buy a journal email me at:

justincoombs21@yahoo.com

to see my aliens and the feedback go to:

http://digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108619

1 comment:

kkrupan said...

seriously nice...impressive what you can make with a little leather and some sweat ;)

so i just went thru ur whole blog...im a nerd but it's been fun seeing ur progress and inner battle to get ur shit done! haha u really impress me on how motivated u are...i'd be happy with a quarter of ur drive! :)

prep for the relay race buddy...team "eat my...what?!" is going to kick some japanese boo-tay! hahaa