Monday, April 23, 2007

A revisit of the alien comic piece.

After the journal was made I started sketchwork on a comic. A random 3 panel 1-pager based off of the movie Aliens (badass old-school cameron). So here is the process. See a few posts ago i mention my aversion to lean towards super-controllism in my drawing. This last one is no exception- but there exists a fine line between finished-quality and overwork/over tedium. I am reading comic book forums and after observing some other peoples works I can understand that a certain degree of tedium is a good thing.

Here is how the pros make a comic, and the same process I am trying to mimic. I will use my new Aliens piece to demonstrate.

You have a penciller whom draws the initial art.





You then start to wonder about where the lighting comes from and what the inker needs to know- so you add the shadow.



You then have an inker then inks it.





and finally you have a colorer who colors it... this is next for me.

No comments: