Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wedding was fun- back to work.




Hey everyone. I went back to America to Tennesee (tenessee, tennessee?) and we had a wedding for my brother Jordan and his new beautiful wife Jamie. It was a ton of fun, and It was just a great time to get to see America again, and the south for the first time. Good times.

I havent been up to much since the last Tank drawing. Basically I studied the figure for 2 weeks. The results are this venom and then I did this Alien for 90 minutes tonight.

I need to keep busy with the bigger works of ink and someowhat militaristic themes. I will put these in a show somewhere.

So now I have a couple paintings going- random stuff.

I am actively posting on Digitalwebbing.com some comic-book style work. check it out. im on the forums there as justincoombsart.co

and finally I am doing thse giant ink pieces. I need to keep the energy up on these. The tank was a little too left-brain, but a good experience nonetheless. I have noticed that my brain tends to lean towards constrictive controlled works. My best pieces are the ones that I explode into and slow it down before it gets tedious. Thats the trick.

No comments: